3 Ways to Improve Your Home on Budget
Are you looking to refresh the look of your home, without spending a fortune? If so, being creative with outdated and unused items, is a great way to inject new life into your home. With just a little bit of patience, and a couple of dedicated weekends, you can turn old pieces into new!
So gather your outdated items, as you might think twice about an expensive revamp, after reading these creative ideas!
What You’ll Need to Create the Below Ideas:
- Low Tack Masking Tape
- Paint Brush
- Furniture Paint
- Dust Brush
- Steel Clipps
- Wooden Paletts
Updating a coffee table may not seem like a big interior change, but it can renew the overall look of your living room! If your coffee table feels outdated; giving it a lick of paint, can make it modern and fresh, on a very small budget!
Follow along with the below instructions and you’ll have your table looking as good as new!
1. If the surface is glossy or wood, gently sand the surfaces down to remove any rough edges.
2. Using the dust brush, brush the dust off the surface to allow for an even application of the primer.
3. Prepare the surface for the primer, by ensuring the surface is as even as possible.
4. Once the primer is dry, sand the surface to remove any excess dust.
5. Paint the first coat (if using a design, create the design with the low tack masking tape so the paint doesn’t transfer).
6. Remember to wait until the first coats are completely dry before painting the second and third coat.
7. Once your table is dry, place it in the desired area of your home.
Wooden Pallet Shelves:
Finding the perfect shelving, for the perfect price, can be difficult! With a little thought and creativity, wooden pallets can be used to create a range of practical and attractive shelves! The long wooden struts are perfect for displaying anything and can give a stunning rustic look to your home!
Here’s how to make them:
1. Measure the plank into 3 equal sizes, then use the saw to disassemble your pallets
2. When sized and cut down, sand the pallet to remove any rough surfaces.
3. Brush the surfaces to remove any excess dust.
4. Once the dust is removed, paint the pallet the desired colour to match with the colour scheme of your interior.
5. Once it is dried, fix the pallets to the desired location in your home, by using the Steel clippers.
Painting Kitchen Cabinets:
If you feel like your kitchen is tired and needs updating, then redesigning the current space is the perfect idea! Painting the units a bold colour, is the ultimate way to renovate, modernise and refresh the look of your space on a budget!
Follow these instructions to create your dream kitchen!
1. Using the screwdriver, remove the kitchen cabinet doors and drawer fronts that you intend to paint.
2. Use the low tack masking tape to tape anything that you don’t want to be painted.
3. Sand the surfaces down and get rid of any gloss or texture.
4. Remove the excess dust with the dust brush, then wipe the doors down with a damp cloth.
5. Prime the kitchen cabinets, ready for painting.
6. Paint the first thin layer using your chosen colour, then wait for it to dry and paint another two.
7. Once the paint is dried, reattach the cabinets.
Home Tips Guides & Property Insights
5 Tips on How to...
After months of working from home during lockdown, are you tired of looking at the same four walls? If this...
3 Ways to Improve Your...
Are you looking to refresh the look of your home, without spending a fortune? If so, being creative with current...
How To Make Sure Your...
First impressions always count, especially when it comes to property viewings. A good first impression could quite literally sell your...
How to Make Your House...
Every buyer is looking for something different. However, there is a list of wishes that many buyers have in common...
Moving Home Checklist...
No matter how early you start packing, moving day and stress seem to come hand in hand. To try to...
3 Golden Rules of Interior...
Interior Design gives you room to get creative, however these are 3 rules all interior designers swear by...
Bathroom Renovation Tips...
A fresh bathroom can totally transform a home, take a look at our hints and tips for renovating your bathroom...
How To Keep Your Home...
No one wants to be the victim of a break in but many believe that it’s unlikely to happen...
How To Add Value To...
There are plenty of ways to add value to your home and you don't have to break the bank...
How to Save Money On...
Rent and the cost of living is plenty without giving yourself more expenditure. We've put together some top tips...
Kitchen Tips: Invest In A...
At Manning Stainton, we see a lot of fantastic kitchens, as the old saying goes, it’s bathrooms and kitchens A kitchen island is often a desirable feature, perfect for storage, they look great and are a surface to make...
Decorating Your Rented House...
Are you currently renting? This doesn't mean you cant make your property feel homely, take a look at our...